Associate in Arts Transfer Guarantee
Graduates from a Florida community college Associate in Arts degree program are guaranteed the following rights under the statewide Articulation Agreement (State Board of Education Rule 6A-10.024):
- Admission to one of the eleven (11) state universities, except to limited access programs.
- Acceptance of at least sixty (60) credit hours by the state universities toward the baccalaureate degree.
- Adherence to university requirements and policies based on the catalog in effect at the time the student first entered a community college provided the student maintains continuous enrollment.
- Transfer of equivalent courses under the Statewide Course Numbering System.
- Acceptance by the state universities of credit earned in accelerated programs
- (e.g., CLEP, AP, PEP, Dual Enrollment, Early Admission, and International Baccalaureate).
- No additional general education core requirements.
- Advance knowledge of selection criteria for limited access programs.
- Equal opportunity with native university students to enter limited access programs.
The following steps should be followed to increase the likelihood of successful transfer to the program of choice at the selected university:
- Work closely with an academic advisor
- Early identification of a major program of study
- Early identification of a transfer institution
- Gain knowledge of university admission requirements
- Gain knowledge of university program requirements and prerequisites
- Complete all requirements for the A.A. or transferable A.S. Degree
- Complete admissions application for the transfer university
Specific program requirements for transfer programs can be obtained from
academic advisors in the NFCC Office of Advising & Retention.
- 2+2 Pathways to Success (PDF)
- Transfer Student Rights (Poster-PDF)
Expand your opportunities at Saint Leo’s Madison Education Center—whether you’re finishing a degree or starting an undergraduate program to enhance your career. The Madison Education Center offers flexible class schedules, affordable tuition, outstanding faculty and an environment tailored to busy adult students.
Madison Education Center Programs
Bachelor of Arts
- Business Administration
- Management Specialization
- Criminal Justice
- Homeland Security Specialization
- Criminialistics Specialization
- Human Services
- Elementary Education (K-6)
Bachelor of Science
Preparing yourself for a successful career in a demanding job market requires advanced education. You have taken the first step by earning your associate’s degree from the Florida Community College System. Strayer University and the Florida Community College System have designed an articulation agreement to facilitate you taking the second step, earning your bachelor’s degree from Strayer University.
Strayer University (transfer Agreement with out-of-state college)
Valdosta State University
Students who have completed an Associate in Arts degree or an Associate in Science degree at NFCC, with at least a GPA of 2.0, also have the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree at Valdosta State University through articulation agreements with the university.
- Students who have completed an Associate in Arts degree may articulate credits to the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership degree.
- Students who have completed an Associate in Science degree may articulate credits to either a Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Capital Performance Degree or a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership degree.
The guarantee of admission is to VSU only and does not guarantee acceptance into specific majors or programs that are competitively based or that have admission requirements beyond the minimum for the institution.
For more information about admission and articulation to the university, contact Valdosta State University at (229) 253-2873 or email@example.com.