By Appointment Tutoring
The ASC Tutor Lab offers drop-in and by appointment tutoring sessions Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m during the summer term 2015.
NFCC students may schedule a 50-minute tutoring appointment with one of the ASC tutors up to two appointments per week for each registered subject. Students in need of quick assistance may utilize the Tutor Lab drop-in service. Priority will be given to scheduled appointments. Drop-in students will be assisted on a first come, first serve basis.
Policies and Procedures
Before you schedule a tutoring session, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our polices and procedures:
1. At NFCC, students are asked to have their NFCC ID with them at all times. The NFCC ID will be used to log in and out for every tutoring appointment.
2. NFCC students may schedule tutoring appointments for the courses in which they are currently enrolled or for TABE remediation.
3. All by-appointment tutoring sessions may take place in the ASC Tutor Lab or in the Science Building.
4. NFCC students may only schedule one 50-minute session per subject per day.
5. Due to high demands, back-to-back tutoring appointments cannot be scheduled with the same tutor, regardless of the subject.
6. Tutoring appointments may be cancelled by tutees, without penalty, 24 hours prior to the scheduled tutoring session.
7. If an emergency arises, tutees may cancel the tutoring appointment at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment. Please notify the ASC Tutor Lab manager by email at email@example.com or (850) 973-9411.
8. NFCC students who do not show twice for tutoring sessions will lose
the privilige to schedule tutoring by appointment sessions; however,
those students are welcome to utilize the drop-in tutoring service.
9. NFCC students will need the course textbook, class lecture notes, course syllabus, and description of assigned work at the tutoring session.
10. Eating and socializing during the tutoring session is not appropriate.
Schedule a Tutoring Session
To schedule a tutoring session, please visit the ASC Tutor Lab Help Desk in Bldg. 6/Room 221 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.