Student Rights and Responsibilities
NFCC is determined that the campus be a place of learning, safety, shared responsibility and harmony. The faculty, staff and students have an obligation to foster an atmosphere of mutual respect and high regard for the life and property of the College.
It is expected that all members of the educational community will share respect for the law and adhere to the highest ethical and moral standards of conduct. In the event that these high standards are not self-enforced, the College will take action to protect its interests. Student conduct on campus and at off-campus sponsored activities and facilities is expected to be supportive of these interests.
Students have certain rights as members of the College community.
- Right to a quality education
- Right to freedom of expression
- Right to hold public forums
- Right to peacefully assemble
- Right to a fair and impartial hearing
- Right to participate in Student Government
- Right to be a member in authorized student organizations
- Right to appeal College decisions through established grievance procedures.
- Right of personal respect and freedom from humiliation and control
- Right to make the best use of your time and talents and to work toward the goal which brought you to College
- Right to ask about and recommend improvements in policies that affect the welfare of students
Students have certain responsibilities as members of the College community.
- Expected to assume responsibility for knowing the rules, regulations and policies of the College.
- Expected to meet the course and graduation requirements of his/her program of study.
- Expected to keep college records current with up-to-date addresses and other information.
- Expected to meet with an academic advisor at least once each term.
- Expected to comply with College rules and policies.
- Expected to behave in a manner which demonstrates respect for others and self.
More Information: NFCC College Catalog